Monday 17 January 2011

The arc

It's proving quite tough to revisit the story ideas I had the last time I was in London - ten years ago. I'm trying to put together a story arc for one of these two connected stories and I realise, to my horror, that I really don't know what is happening with that story. Annoyingly, it's also the one which I've written most of. I'm not sure now whether that is because I'm less able to write the actual chapters of the companion story or maybe the fact that I've written stuff for it has set it in stone, such that I am loathe to change things. It was always supposed to be run in parallel, linked by a set of isolated phrases and situations, but I can't see how to make the ideas I have for it stretch to either the required length or to extend beyond the scenario that is currently in existence.

This is really annoying. I'd like to do the ideas already poured into this some justice. I don't want another dead project that never got off the ground, especially since characters and situations have been going round in my head for an entire decade.

They need /out/.

No comments:

Post a Comment