Monday 5 April 2010

Final staging... [Originall posted 05 Apr 2010]

Well, I'm down in London, the night before my flight. On the one hand it is exciting, but on the other hand, I'm not really sure what to make of it. I guess it's nerves, really. Change, and a great deal of it. All at once.

For the past couple of weeks I've been as social as I can, visiting people, catching up, witnessing successes, failures, good parties. Oddly, it hasn't really involved a great deal of seeing my most local friends apart from a couple of occasions. Perhaps that's change too. Certainly, in one case, I'm leaving on slightly tainted terms. And if they're listening, I could do with a response. I don't like what happened and it's bothering me.

I saw Lost In Translation this morning, while packing. A good friend recommended it, not because it was a good film, but rather that it was about being lost in Japan. I loved it and can see exactly what she meant, though I really liked the entire film too.

I think I'm all set for this trip. All packed and ready in a staging position before travelling to Heathrow early tomorrow morning. My friend Nick has lent me his camera for which I'm massively grateful (yet more adaptors and cables and things to cart around though!). My netbook is all Skyped, Vent'd, blog tooled and far east language supported up.

So, Heathrow, Helsinki ... Narita Tokyo. Landing on Wednesday morning (Tuesday night GMT). If I manage to sleep on the flight then I think I can probably avoid any lag. Although it's going to be hard enough to sleep tonight.

Next update from another country!

~aFx

No comments:

Post a Comment